Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center Re-Opens June 15th
The Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center will re-open Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8 a.m.
We are dedicated to ensuring the safety and enjoyment of our guests and employees, and have made changes to our operations at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center to do so. For planning purposes, take note of the following changes:
- The building will be open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. Explore Fairbanks Visitor Information Specialists will be available to connect visitors with activities, attractions, tours, and accommodations that are open for business or plan to open soon.Alaska Public Lands Information Center Park Rangers will be on hand to advise visitors about outdoor activities and adventures.
- Visitors must wear a face covering. Building staff will do so, too.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please postpone your visit until you are feeling better
- Exhibit hours for the general public will be 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 2-4 p.m. daily.
- Tour groups, community groups and family groups larger than three people may make a reservation for the exhibits from 8-9:30 a.m. (one group reservation per day). Reserve at: https://calendly.com/mtc_curbside/exhibit-reservation.
- Groups are welcome during public hours, but will be responsible for maintaining their own social distancing and good hygiene practices.
- All available APLIC programming will be outside the center on a rotating basis and will be weather dependent.
- The theater will not open summer 2020.
- There will be no live performances summer 2020, and the Alaska Native Gift Shop will remain closed (follow our FB page for upcoming info about an online store!).
- Restrooms will be available to visitors upon request only.
- All new protocols are subject to change.