Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center is currently open to the public.
We are dedicated to ensuring the safety and enjoyment of our guests and employees, and have made changes to our operations at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center to do so. For planning purposes, take note of the following changes:
- The building is open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Explore Fairbanks Visitor Information Specialists are available to connect visitors with activities, attractions, tours, and accommodations that are open for business or plan to open soon.
- Alaska Public Lands Information Center Park Rangers are on hand to advise visitors about outdoor activities and adventures.
- Visitors must wear a face covering. Building staff are required to do so, too.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
- Exhibit hours are as follows:
- Jan 2 to May 31 – Open Mon-Sat, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Jun 1 to Sep 5 – Open Daily, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Groups are welcome during public hours, but will be responsible for maintaining their own social distancing and good hygiene practices.
- All available APLIC programming will be outside the center on a rotating basis and will be weather dependent.
- The theater remains closed.
- There will be no live performances summer 2021.
- The Alaska Native Gift Shop remains closed.
- Please follow our FB page https://www.facebook.com/MorrisThompsonCenter for information about virtual cultural programs.
- All new protocols are subject to change.